Visits to date
- 154,274 hits
- Lavonne’s 80th Birthday Bash February 14, 2023
- Christmas 2022 December 27, 2022
- Those Working Days (…that I do not miss!) December 4, 2022
- 2022 Family Gatherings at Craig’s Castle August 29, 2022
- Oregon or Bust! July 17, 2022
- June, 2022 – To Denver and Beyond! June 13, 2022
- Search for Sunshine 2022 February 28, 2022
- Christmas in January 2022 January 22, 2022
- Christmas 2021 – Again Held Hostage by Covid! December 24, 2021
- Thanksgiving Family Gathering, 2021 November 27, 2021
- To Denver and Beyond – Sept-Oct 2021 September 27, 2021
- To Oregon and Beyond! August 5, 2021
- Boats I Have Loved
- Cecil the Diesel
- Fishin' with "FishTracker" Rich
- Fishin' with "Stockton" Willie
- Fishin' with "Sturgeon" John
- Fishin' with M'Boy!
- Fishin' with ol' buddy Al
- Fishing + RVing = Comfort
- Fishing How To
- Fishing Humble Files
- Fishing Kokanee
- Fishing Overnight on the Water
- Fishing Salmon
- Fishing Striped Bass
- Fishing Sturgeon
- Fishing Trout
- I Love Trucks!
- Life After Fishing
- Photos (Fabulous!)
- Travel: Allen's
- Travel: Arkansas
- Travel: Chicken Runs
- Travel: Craig's Castle
- Travel: Dean's
- Travel: Earlier RV Travels
- Travel: Gale & John
- Travel: Interstate Adventure!
- Travel: Miscellaneous
- Travel: Oregon
- Travel: Other Family Gatherings
- Travel: Search for Sunshine!
- Travel: Winnie Wino Tours
- zTravel: Adverse Weather Adventures (never on purpose!)
My Last Fishing Trip: Back On the Water After Six Months – But I Have to Wonder Why…
Whatever the reason I’ve been so inactive, a Delta salmon adventure with my old high school buddy, Al, might re-ignite my love of fishing. We’ve had some great trips in the past, and a couple of them are posted below. To read about them, click the links at the bottom of this page.
Al and I at the coach in Delta Marina’s lovely and convenient RV park.
Trout on Lake Wallowa, Oregon
Life goes on and we have to change. I now have just the motorhome and I greatly enjoy driving it around the country!
This entry was posted in Fishin' with ol' buddy Al, Fishing Humble Files, Fishing Salmon. Bookmark the permalink.
Sorry to hear you didn’t catch any fish but I, and I’m sure everyone else as well, enjoy reading about your trips nonetheless. You look like a true fisherman and I’ll bet you’ll get over this “phase” of old age getting in the way of your love to fish. Looking forward to reading more of your trips.
Thanks for the kind words, Anonymous. I wish old age was a phase, but it sure doesn’t seem to be! As the Good Book says, the spirit is willing (to go fishing) but the flesh is weak. ;^)
That’s a beautiful boat you have. We share something in common although I am miles away in Western Australia We both have the same windlass fitted to our boats ie the Pro-Sport 550. I have had problems with the plastic fleming (or the stripper) failing Has yours ever caused any problems ? I’m running 12 mm nylon and 6 mm chain – which lewmar claim is fine. Cheers Tony
We don’t share the same windlass any longer as I sold my boat a few months ago as told about elsewhere on this site. I had a similar windlass on a Bayliner with the plastic gypsy (what I think you refer to as a fleming?) and it wore, too. I replaced it with metal. I’ve always run all chain rodes and they’re likely harder than combos with nylon rode.
Thanks for the visit!