Another Visit to my Sis in Gridley

Day 1, Wednesday, March 11, 2015 Home to Gridley via SR99: 115 miles

It was time once again to pay a visit to my twin sis, Gale, and her husband John in Gridley. We planned to drive up for just one night and return home the next day. I was overdue for a RV trip and was delighted when the girls arranged this trip.
2015-3-11a leaving home
We left home in a light rain, and rain was a very good thing.

Having prayed for rain almost daily for months, my prayers were answered – for that day. It rained all morning and some during the night. I believe we got more rain than the forecasters predicted. Having washed the coach the day before, I expected the predicted rain would arrive. Our drive was mostly dry, but we drove through areas of light rain during the trip.
2015-3-11b mustard field along SR99
A colorful field of mustard along our route north – a lovely sight.

The plan was to eat lunch en route, and we brought un-baked pizza for dinner that night. We stopped at a little Mexican market in Live Oak for lunch, and I bought a half chicken that was cooked on an open flame grill.

2015-3-11c Live Oak mkt for half chicken so-so The smokey outdoor grill at the little market was irresistible.

The smoked chicken looked delicious, and after paying my $6 at the grocery store counter, I returned to the little stand and took my chicken. The fella had chopped it into the usual pieces, and I returned to the coach with high expectations for a delicious meal. It turned out Ok, but it had a seasoning on it that was not my favorite although I don’t know what it was – a Mexican spice, I reckon. And as I ate the critter, I decided that it was likely a stewing chicken which is generally an old laying hen that had been retired and sent to the butcher. The critter was so big that my suspicions were probably correct. I enjoyed it even though it was a bit mature, and ate nearly all of it.
2015-3-11d afternoon visit
Our afternoon was spent visiting with my twin sis and hubby John. That’s John (L-R), Lavonne, Gale, and some guy who eats too much.

We arrived at Gale and John’s about 1315. John greeted us at the coach, and we all went in the house to visit. Gale was pleased to see us, and we had a lovely visit throughout the afternoon. At one point John and I hooked the coach to their electricity and we had full electric power to the coach. I dropped the jacks and moved the slide out; we were set up for our stay.
2015-3-11e set up for the night

2015-3-11f view from drivewayThe coach set up for the night, and the view from the driveway.

We had the pizza for dinner along with salad and asparagus. It was a good dinner, although entirely unnecessary; we had been munching all afternoon on Gale’s banana bread and brownies. My diet was forgotten about for the entire trip.
2015-3-11g pizza dinner
What do old folks do when they get together? They eat!

After dinner and more visiting I headed to the coach to edit photos and to write this travelogue. Lavonne joined me later, and played games online while I watched more Johnny Carson DVD silliness. We hit the sack around 2230.

Day 2, Gridley to home via US99: 124 miles

John and I headed to town and had breakfast of sorts at the Black Bear Diner. A friend of John’s joined us and we spent an hour or so in the restaurant visiting and reliving the old days.

When we returned home, the gals had been visiting and we joined them. I returned to the coach and began converting our cozy cabin into a highway cruiser. After visiting a bit more, we bid our farewells and headed home a bit after 1000.
2015-3-11i view from living room
The pretty view from Gale and John’s window.

The drive home was aided by a north wind that blew the entire trip. We didn’t stop for anything along our way home and arrived home about 1300. It was a pleasant drive under sunny skies.
2015-3-12a almond blossoms, Sutter Buttes along SR99 near Gridley
Southbound on SR99 as we passed the Sutter Buttes and flowering almond trees.

We set about unloading the coach as soon as we arrived home, and were done in about a half hour or so. I parked the coach and would dump the tanks and wash the bugs off the front the next day. I was tired enough after the drive that I just wanted to have lunch and catch up with my recliner time. And that’s just what I did.

About FishWisher

Over the years I have posted many exciting fishing and boating stories here, but now in my seventies, it was time to sell the boat and find less demanding pastimes. All the fishing stories are still here! I will now post my travels aboard the motorhome and other activities. I hope y'all will still enjoy the fishing and boating adventures and perhaps peek in on my post-boating activities on occasion. Thanks for dropping in and I hope you enjoy your visit.
This entry was posted in Travel Family Fun, Travel Gale & John. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s