Visits to date
- 154,274 hits
- Lavonne’s 80th Birthday Bash February 14, 2023
- Christmas 2022 December 27, 2022
- Those Working Days (…that I do not miss!) December 4, 2022
- 2022 Family Gatherings at Craig’s Castle August 29, 2022
- Oregon or Bust! July 17, 2022
- June, 2022 – To Denver and Beyond! June 13, 2022
- Search for Sunshine 2022 February 28, 2022
- Christmas in January 2022 January 22, 2022
- Christmas 2021 – Again Held Hostage by Covid! December 24, 2021
- Thanksgiving Family Gathering, 2021 November 27, 2021
- To Denver and Beyond – Sept-Oct 2021 September 27, 2021
- To Oregon and Beyond! August 5, 2021
- Boats I Have Loved
- Cecil the Diesel
- Fishin' with "FishTracker" Rich
- Fishin' with "Stockton" Willie
- Fishin' with "Sturgeon" John
- Fishin' with M'Boy!
- Fishin' with ol' buddy Al
- Fishing + RVing = Comfort
- Fishing How To
- Fishing Humble Files
- Fishing Kokanee
- Fishing Overnight on the Water
- Fishing Salmon
- Fishing Striped Bass
- Fishing Sturgeon
- Fishing Trout
- I Love Trucks!
- Life After Fishing
- Photos (Fabulous!)
- Travel: Allen's
- Travel: Arkansas
- Travel: Chicken Runs
- Travel: Craig's Castle
- Travel: Dean's
- Travel: Earlier RV Travels
- Travel: Gale & John
- Travel: Interstate Adventure!
- Travel: Miscellaneous
- Travel: Oregon
- Travel: Other Family Gatherings
- Travel: Search for Sunshine!
- Travel: Winnie Wino Tours
- zTravel: Adverse Weather Adventures (never on purpose!)
Category Archives: Fishing Humble Files
My Last Fishing Trip: Back On the Water After Six Months – But I Have to Wonder Why…
The End of My Fishing Days… Sept 15-18, 2013 Sunday, Day 1: It had been six months since I launched my beloved FishWisher while she sat lonely and forlorn in her shed. It seems that I have lost interest in trolling … Continue reading
Another Sturgeon Adventure – Without the Sturgeon!
Another Try… Another Skunk! March 12-13, 2013 Suisun Bay on a rare, calm day – just what I was waiting for! This adventure also began with a bad omen. I stopped at my usual bait shop for good, fat eel … Continue reading
First Fishing Trip in over Three Months
A Pleasant Try, But no Fish …that’s why they call me FishWisher! February 28 – March 1, 2013 Day 1, Thursday: It seemed right from the start that this trip was not meant to be. As I drove to my beloved … Continue reading
Five Days on the Delta with My Son – And a Few Hours Fishing!
Fishin’ With m’Boy Nov 5-9, 2012 Day 1, Monday, Home to Delta Marina in Rio Vista It was three years ago that my son, Dean, flew up from his home near San Diego to meet me for some Delta fishing. … Continue reading
Three Days on the Delta For Two Old Geezers – and Three Skunks!
Another Grand Adventure with my Old High School Buddy, Al! Oct 16-18, 2012 Day 1, Tuesday I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. My old high school buddy, Al, would drive down from Oregon and … Continue reading
The New Sturgeon Season Opens with a Couple of Boat Rides
Lovely Boat Rides to Begin the New Sturgeon Season… March 8-9, 2012 The rod remained motionless this trip – but what a view! My last fishing adventure was over three months ago! In my old age I choose to NOT … Continue reading
Three Glorious Delta Days November 1-3, 2010
My Beloved Delta is Perfect in Autumn! November 1-3, 2010 The Sacramento River at sundown after a day of fishing Suisun Bay. This week’s trip to Rio Vista on the California Delta was remarkable not for the fishing (I was … Continue reading
Monster 8 Ft Sturgeon!
The Biggest Sturgeon I’ve Ever Seen! November 30 – December 3, 2009 Eight-Foot Sturgeon Caught Near Decker Island! Fellow sturgeon fishermen Bill Phillips, Don Littell and Ed Cox struggle to hold the monster as they pose for this incredible photo! The three veteran … Continue reading