Visits to date
- 154,274 hits
- Lavonne’s 80th Birthday Bash February 14, 2023
- Christmas 2022 December 27, 2022
- Those Working Days (…that I do not miss!) December 4, 2022
- 2022 Family Gatherings at Craig’s Castle August 29, 2022
- Oregon or Bust! July 17, 2022
- June, 2022 – To Denver and Beyond! June 13, 2022
- Search for Sunshine 2022 February 28, 2022
- Christmas in January 2022 January 22, 2022
- Christmas 2021 – Again Held Hostage by Covid! December 24, 2021
- Thanksgiving Family Gathering, 2021 November 27, 2021
- To Denver and Beyond – Sept-Oct 2021 September 27, 2021
- To Oregon and Beyond! August 5, 2021
- Boats I Have Loved
- Cecil the Diesel
- Fishin' with "FishTracker" Rich
- Fishin' with "Stockton" Willie
- Fishin' with "Sturgeon" John
- Fishin' with M'Boy!
- Fishin' with ol' buddy Al
- Fishing + RVing = Comfort
- Fishing How To
- Fishing Humble Files
- Fishing Kokanee
- Fishing Overnight on the Water
- Fishing Salmon
- Fishing Striped Bass
- Fishing Sturgeon
- Fishing Trout
- I Love Trucks!
- Life After Fishing
- Photos (Fabulous!)
- Travel: Allen's
- Travel: Arkansas
- Travel: Chicken Runs
- Travel: Craig's Castle
- Travel: Dean's
- Travel: Earlier RV Travels
- Travel: Gale & John
- Travel: Interstate Adventure!
- Travel: Miscellaneous
- Travel: Oregon
- Travel: Other Family Gatherings
- Travel: Search for Sunshine!
- Travel: Winnie Wino Tours
- zTravel: Adverse Weather Adventures (never on purpose!)
Category Archives: Fishing Salmon
My Last Fishing Trip: Back On the Water After Six Months – But I Have to Wonder Why…
The End of My Fishing Days… Sept 15-18, 2013 Sunday, Day 1: It had been six months since I launched my beloved FishWisher while she sat lonely and forlorn in her shed. It seems that I have lost interest in trolling … Continue reading
Three Days on the Delta For Two Old Geezers – and Three Skunks!
Another Grand Adventure with my Old High School Buddy, Al! Oct 16-18, 2012 Day 1, Tuesday I have been looking forward to this day for a long time. My old high school buddy, Al, would drive down from Oregon and … Continue reading
The Salmon are Running the Sacramento River!
Three Days on the Sacramento Delta and Two Gorgeous Salmon! September 25-27, 2012 The 15 Lb. salmon caught on Day 1 on the Old Sacramento River near Isleton. That script above the cabin door reads “God does not deduct from … Continue reading
Posted in Fishin' with "Sturgeon" John, Fishing Salmon 7 Comments
Oct. 2011: Salmon Limit!
Salmon Limit! October 25-26, 2011 Two salmon for the price of one Delta adventure! The 16 pounder poses on the left, along with the eight pounder. Yes, Agnes, there is a fishing god, and he was smiling on me this trip! … Continue reading
Posted in Fishing Salmon 7 Comments
My First Salmon in Six Years!
Salmon Again! October 11-12, 2011 It’s baaaack! Salmon season opened for the first time since 2007 on my beloved Delta! The season is July 11 through December 11 on the Sacramento River that runs through the Delta. From prior years … Continue reading
My Personal Best Salmon: 41 Lbs.!
My Biggest Salmon Ever! 9-25, 26-01 She was a monster at 41 pounds! I was overdue… I’ve been singing that song for three weeks, now. I had spent two overnight fishing trips on the hot salmon spots of the Delta … Continue reading
More 2004 Salmon season
More 2004 Salmon …a pretty good year. October 27-28, 2004 A 21 Lb. Sacramento River Salmon! It seemed as though salmon season was over as I pulled into the Rio Vista ramp parking lot this week. Only two other boat rigs were there. Nevertheless, I launched … Continue reading
Posted in Fishing Salmon Leave a comment
2004: Best salmon trip ever!
Best Salmon Trip Ever! October 14-15, 2004 I reckon that two days a week on the water would be enough for anyone. But no, I have somehow scheduled myself for a five day Delta adventure this past week and into … Continue reading
Posted in Fishing Salmon Leave a comment
2005 salmon season… my last salmon for six years!
2005 Salmon Season September 13 & 14, 2005 Old Sacramento River 18 Lb. Salmon It was a pleasure to launch into my beloved Delta for the first time since April. I arrived full of hope and optimism as the salmon began … Continue reading