Visits to date
- 154,275 hits
- Lavonne’s 80th Birthday Bash February 14, 2023
- Christmas 2022 December 27, 2022
- Those Working Days (…that I do not miss!) December 4, 2022
- 2022 Family Gatherings at Craig’s Castle August 29, 2022
- Oregon or Bust! July 17, 2022
- June, 2022 – To Denver and Beyond! June 13, 2022
- Search for Sunshine 2022 February 28, 2022
- Christmas in January 2022 January 22, 2022
- Christmas 2021 – Again Held Hostage by Covid! December 24, 2021
- Thanksgiving Family Gathering, 2021 November 27, 2021
- To Denver and Beyond – Sept-Oct 2021 September 27, 2021
- To Oregon and Beyond! August 5, 2021
- Boats I Have Loved
- Cecil the Diesel
- Fishin' with "FishTracker" Rich
- Fishin' with "Stockton" Willie
- Fishin' with "Sturgeon" John
- Fishin' with M'Boy!
- Fishin' with ol' buddy Al
- Fishing + RVing = Comfort
- Fishing How To
- Fishing Humble Files
- Fishing Kokanee
- Fishing Overnight on the Water
- Fishing Salmon
- Fishing Striped Bass
- Fishing Sturgeon
- Fishing Trout
- I Love Trucks!
- Life After Fishing
- Photos (Fabulous!)
- Travel: Allen's
- Travel: Arkansas
- Travel: Chicken Runs
- Travel: Craig's Castle
- Travel: Dean's
- Travel: Earlier RV Travels
- Travel: Gale & John
- Travel: Interstate Adventure!
- Travel: Miscellaneous
- Travel: Oregon
- Travel: Other Family Gatherings
- Travel: Search for Sunshine!
- Travel: Winnie Wino Tours
- zTravel: Adverse Weather Adventures (never on purpose!)
Category Archives: Fishing Striped Bass
Ok, Ok… I’ll Settle for a Couple of Stripers!
Suisun Bay Stripers November 21-22, 2011 These aren’t mighty sturgeon. Heck, these aren’t even big as stripers go, but these two cookin’ sized schoolies made my neighbor happy! It’s now or wait ’til spring, because I generally give up fishing … Continue reading
Posted in Fishing Striped Bass 1 Comment
August 25, 2010 New Hogan Again!
A New Technique at Hogan (and still skunked!) August 25, 2010 I know what my problem is – I keep trying to catch fish at this dumb lake because of glories past. That’s not uncommon for us old geezers, I … Continue reading
August 4, 2010 New Hogan Lake
Another Foolish Try at Hogan August 4, 2010 Like a senile old geezer, I just can’t learn… I got skunked again on Hogan – as is par for the course for me there nowadays. I trolled shad and anchovies at various … Continue reading
Brannan Island Fishing June 2009
California Delta Fishing June 2-4, 2009 Johnny, my friend John’s son, poses with their 15# striper caught while trolling near the Rio Vista Bridge. I lost two weeks of fishing when my Humminbird chartplotter/fish finder refused to light up. It … Continue reading
New Hogan Lake – Skunked.
Hogan Lake trip #3 2009 …maybe my last visit. August 12, 2009 I believe these guys were waiting on the famous “boils” on New Hogan when stripers chase shad to the surface during a feeding frenzy. It would be a … Continue reading
Storm on Suisun Bay!
Storm on Suisun Bay… Too Much Adventure! March 31 – April 1, 2004 These Delta Adventures of mine can sometimes get a bit out of hand. This week’s trip to Suisun Bay proved to be entirely too exciting, but also pretty productive. … Continue reading
Posted in Fishing Striped Bass 2 Comments
Delta Trips Sept-Nov 2008
2008 Delta Fishing! November 19, 2008 After the great sturgeon trip to Brannan a week ago, and slow tides this week, I decided to try a place very close to home that I haven’t tried before: Mossdale Crossing. This county ramp has a … Continue reading
2008 March to Sept Hogan striper fishing.
2008 Hogan Striper Fishing! Skunked again on New Hogan. September 10, 2008 It’s a long walk up from the dock at Hogan these days. The lake is very low, approaching the low water of 2004. But wouldn’t that mean the stripers have less … Continue reading
A few summer trips of 2007
Two summer trips of 2007 August 28, 2007 One tough little sturgeon! 52″ 30 Lbs. I read a very good report from Lucky Strike Charter about their catching five sturgeon on Saturday while fishing Suisun Bay. Five!? Suisun? In August? I don’t believe … Continue reading